Institutional Investor magazine’s 9th Annual Hedge Fund Industry Awards, recognizes the hedge funds, funds of hedge funds and industry associated investment consultants, endowments, and foundations. They are presented these awards for their innovation, achievements and contributions to the Hedge Fund industry in the past year of 2010.
The event was photographed for Institutional Investor by Jeffrey Holmes, a premier event photographer New York. Institutional Investor has relied upon Mr. Holmes photography services for the past 6 years. “He captures the story of the event. Jeffrey always works the branding of the sponsors into images. We get the shots we need for press and PR as well as promotional materials for next years event. That is why we have use Jeffrey Holmes Photography for all of our awards dinners.”
Award nominees were honored and winners were announced and awarded at a dinner and awards ceremony at the Cipriani Wall Street in New York City. The event emcee was David Faber, CNBC
Anchor and Reporter (and Institutional Investor alumni). An Emmy, Peabody, Dupont, Loeb award winner and New York Times bestselling author, David Faber is host of CNBC’s “The Strategy Session” (M-F, 12PM ET). Faber is also an anchor and co-producer of CNBC’s acclaimed original documentaries and long-form programming as well as a contributor to CNBC’s Squawk on the Street.
Bruce Kovner, Founder and Chairman, Caxton Associates was bestowed the Lifetime Achievement Award.
Jeffrey Scott, Chief Investment Officer, Alaska Permanent Fund Corp. was the Outstanding Contribution Award Recipient:
Here are Hedge Fund Management Award Categories & Nominees
- Institutional Hedge Fund Firm of the Year
- Appaloosa Management -WINNER, BlackRock, Bridgewater Associates , CQS , Paulson & Co.
- Emerging Hedge Fund Firm of the Year
- Hutchin Hill Capital -WINNER, Astenbeck Capital Management, Grant Capital Partners, Senrigan Capital Group, Stelliam Investment Management
- Credit-Focused Hedge Fund Firm of the Year
- Fortress Investment Group -WINNER, Appaloosa Management, Centerbridge Partners,
- Marathon Asset Management, VR Capital Group
- Equity-Focused Hedge Fund Firm of the Year
- Glenview Capital Management -WINNER, NorthStar Capital Funds, Omega Advisors, SAC Capital Advisors, Visium Asset Management
- Event-Driven Hedge Fund Firm of the Year
- Third Point -WINNER, Paulson & Co., Perry Capital, Pershing Square Capital, Management, ValueAct Capital
- Macro-Focused Hedge Fund Firm of the Year
- Bridgewater Associates -WINNER, AQR Capital Management, BlueCrest Capital, Management, BlueGold Capital Management, BTG Pactual
- Multistrategy Hedge Fund Firm of the Year
- Millennium Management -WINNER, Carlson Capital, Hudson Bay Capital Management, Och-Ziff Capital Management Group, Whitebox Advisors
- Relative Value Hedge Fund Firm of the Year
- Capula Investment Management -WINNER, BlueMountain Capital Management, Lazard Asset Management, Saba Capital Management, Structured Portfolio Management
- Large Fund of Hedge Funds Firm of the Year
- Prisma Capital Partners -WINNER, Blackstone Group, J.P. Morgan Alternative Asset Management, Edmond de Rothschild Holding SA, SkyBridge Capital
- Small Fund of Hedge Funds Firm of the Year
- PineBridge Investments -WINNER, Dorchester Capital Advisors, Magnitude Capital, Signet Group, Van Biema Value Partners
- Hedge Fund Seeder Firm of the Year
- Blackstone Group -WINNER, FRM Capital Advisors, PioneerPath Capital, Protégé Partners, Tiger Management Corp.
- Large Corporate Plan of the Year
- Boeing Co. -WINNER, AT&T Investment Management Corp., General Motors Asset Management Corp., Lockheed Martin Investment Management Co.
- Small Corporate Plan of the Year
- International Paper Co. -WINNER, Alcoa, Cargill, Royal Bank of Canada
- Large Endowment or Foundation of the Year
- University of Texas Investment Management Co. -WINNER, DUMAC, KAUST Investment Management Co., Ohio State University
- Small Endowment or Foundation of the Year
- Cook Children’s Health Care System -WINNER, Museum of Modern Art, New York University School of Law, Vassar College
- Large Public Plan of the Year
- Teacher Retirement System of Texas -WINNER, California Public Employees’ Retirement System, Public School and Education Employee Retirement Systems of Missouri, Pennsylvania Public School Employees’ Retirement System
- Small Public Plan of the Year
- San Diego County Employees Retirement Association -WINNER, Public Safety Personnel Retirement System of the State of Arizona, Missouri Department of Transportation and Highway Patrol Employees’ Retirement System, San Bernardino County Employees’ Retirement Association
- Family Office of the Year
- Mount Vernon Investments -WINNER, Cooper Family Office, Fuqua Capital Corp., Willett Advisors
- Hedge Fund Consultant of the Year
- James Mnookin, Cambridge Associates -WINNER, Stephen Nesbitt, Cliffwater, John Shearman, Albourne America, James Vos, Aksia